Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Annie is hot and drained

I ran the hot water lines.


For now they are just terminated with extra length. Better than too short once we have the exact sink locations finalized.

Then moved on to the gray water system. We are doing a bottom feed, so input and output share a common tank port.
The drain goes out the back doors.
It has a master valve, and a removable hose bib. The bib is mounted to a union. Here the bib is attached to the drain.

The bib needs to be removable because it has to extend past the closed doors to allow a hose to fit. I have a dummy union end that protects the union's gasket when we are not draining Annie. The dummy end also has a plug.
For traveling, the bib is stored right nearby in the battery box.

Then I ran the drain pipes back to the sink areas, and tied everything down.

The drain lines will also be cut to size once the sinks are ready.
Otherwise, all that remains is to run a vent line from the tank to outside underneath the floor.

An advantage of a bottom feed system is that it acts as a natural trap to reduce gray tank stinkies from getting into the house. However, it means that as the tank fills, the water level in the sink drain lines follows. To help ensure that this doesn't allow sloshing back into the sinks on steep/rough roads, I'll be adding Hepvo valves at each sink drain.

Outside of the sink installation and adding a fresh water pump accumulator tank (location TBD), plumbing is done!!! And that means that, outside of building the control panel, with it's instrumentation and switches, the operating system work is just about done.

We are finally getting ready for the cabinetry, john, and finish carpentry. It is now time for me to start being afraid, very afraid, of the aesthetics committee's judgements.