Thursday, December 17, 2015

A quick update...wiring electric distribution panel and driver side wall insulation

Both pretty short topics, so I'll just combine them here.
I wired up all the pulled lines to the distribution/breaker/fuse box, and began powering up some devices.
Wiring away

AC and DC distribution is wired. We are also connected to the main battery buss.


Both heaters, the MaxAir fan, and the CO/LPG detector are wired in. All except the H2O heater are tested.
 

The distribution box is about where it will live. The gas detector will be immediately to its right, or about where it is resting now. I will be rerouting that gas hose to free up some storage space.
Both will be raised a few inches, because the main hot air vent will be below them. Hopefully, the space to the right will be storage with a recessed access panel to the utilities.

Most of the far end electrics still need to be installed (H2O pump, the control panel, lighting, outlets, etc., etc.

But now it was time to start wall insulation. We are using Thinsulate.


Here is a handy tip: Turn off the LPG/CO detector if you are spraying 3M90 or Great Stuff foam insulation near the detector. They will set it off! Good thing my hearing ain't what it used to be, otherwise it might have become what it ain't used to be.

It was a dark and stormy...oh wait, it was a cold and soggy day. I'm cutting the Thinsulate in the garage, so this was a perfect excuse to use the awning while I commuted back and forth.


Thinsulate is done, and some expanding foam is happily expanding as well. I think I will need to do more. The final step will be Reflectix.

 



Before I start insulating the passenger wall, I will be installing a water inlet station modified with a 4 way inlet valve. Still need to finish the station's mods. I also want to do some thermal imaging experiments, comparing the treated and untreated walls.

I'll wait for a somewhat drier day to cut the water station hole in the wall. But if the thermal images look interesting (or usable) I'll post some here.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Stan, that quality of insulation with surely help with road noise as well, not just thermal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly optimistic about that. Just knocking on the side panels has a much more solid sound on the driver's side.

      Delete